Under the Michigan Crime Victim's Rights Act, an individual who suffers direct or threatened physical, financial or emotional harm as a result of a felony or other included crime, is entitled to the following information:
- Emergency and medical services are available, if applicable.
- You may be eligible for Crime Victim's Compensation Benefits. To apply, fill out an application available from the Crime Victim's Compensation Board at P. O. Box 30026, Lansing, MI 48909 or call 517-373-7373.
- The Prosecuting Attorney's office has a victim/witness program. For additional information you may call the prosecuting attorney's office for Genesee County 810-257-3165.
- When a suspect is arrested concerning your case, the police department will notify you no later than 24 hours after the defendant is arraigned. At the time you may telephone the sheriff or juvenile facility to determine whether the defendant has been released from custody: Genesee County Jail 810-257-3426.
- If you would like to be notified of an arrest in your case or the release of the person arrested, or both, you should call and inform Flushing Township Police Department at 810-659-0809.
- If you are not notified of an arrest in your case, you may call the Police Department for the status of your case.
Crime Victim's Compensation Board - 517-373-7373
Genesee County Prosecutor's Office - 810-257-3165
Genesee County Jail - 810-257-3426
Flushing Township Police Department - 810-659-0809
U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE)
Homeland Security investigations (HSI)