Skip To Content
Section Banner

Agendas / Minutes

Township Calendar

Online Payments

Property & Tax Lookup

Property & Tax Lookup

Citizens Guide



Where is the Flushing Township Police Department?

The Flushing Township Police Department is located at 6524 N. Seymour Road, on the corner of Stanley Road and Seymour Road.  Click here to get Google driving directions

What are the boundaries of Flushing Township?

Potter Road is the boundary line to the south, bordering Clayton Township.  Elms Road is the boundary line to the east, bordering Mt. Morris Township.  Frances Road is the boundary line to the north, bordering Montrose Township.  Sheridan Road/M-13 is the boundary on the west, bordering Shiawassee County.  The City of Flushing is located within the borders of Flushing Township.

What are the hours of operation?

The Flushing Township Police Department is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 4:00pm and Friday 8:00am - 12:00pm.  You may contact the office at 810-659-0809 or by coming into the office located at 6524 N. Seymour Road.  However, if you need an officer after 5:00pm or on the weekend, you may call 911.  Flushing Township Police officers work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

How do I obtain a copy of a police report?

Police reports can be obtained at our office during normal business hours.  You may also mail a check or money order made out to the Flushing Township Police Department and we will send you a copy of the police report.  There is a fee of $5 for one page, and $1 for each additional page.  If you are not directly involved in an incident, you must submit a written request under the Freedom of Information Act.

Where do I pay traffic fines?

Traffic fines are collected at the 67th District Court located at 1415 Flushing Road, Flushing, MI, 48433.  The Honorable Judge David J. Goggins and Magistrate Amy Clolinger preside.  The Court’s phone number is 810-659-5659.

What is the fine on my traffic ticket?

The Court sets the fines and costs on traffic tickets.  You may contact the Court at 810-659-5659 for any questions you may have.

Where do I obtain a permit to purchase a handgun or a CCW Permit?

Obtain CCW “contact Genesee County Clerks office.  All information is available here

What is a Personal Protection Order (PPO) and how do I obtain one?

A personal protection order (PPO) is an order issued by the Court.  It can protect you from harassment, assault, beating, molesting, wounding, or stalking by another person.  The order can also prohibit him/her from entering your premises and from removing minor children unless the removal is part of court-ordered visitation.

There are two types of PPO's:
  1. Issued only after the other person has been notified that you have filed for a restraining order and after a court hearing has been held.
  2. Issued without notifying the other person and with no court hearing.  This is called an ex parte order.
To file a PPO:
  • An attorney is not necessary in this process.
  • County Clerk’s office can provide a “do-it-yourself” personal protection order packet.
  • The packet will contain necessary forms and instruction to request a hearing.
  • In case of immediate danger, ask the clerk for an ex parte order form to complete.
  • A PPO goes into effect as soon as the Judge signs it.
  • The Clerk’s office will provide a copy to the Genesee County Sheriff Department so that it can immediately be entered into the Law Enforcement Information Network.
You may receive a personal protection order if you are a victim of domestic violence or stalking.  PPO applications are available from the Genesee County Clerk’s office in the county Courthouse at 900 South Saginaw Street, Flint, MI 48503.  The phone number is 810-257-3610.

Where can I get fingerprinted?   

If you need to be fingerprinted for employment or licensing, you must contact L-1 Identity Solutions at 1-866-226-2952 or the Michigan State Police Post at 810-732-1111.

How can I find out if a Registered Sex Offender is living near me?

Please visit the Michigan Sex Offender Registry website.

Where can I Purchase Crash Reports Online?

You will need the following to obtain a crash report online:

  • Date of crash
  • Report Number
  • Valid Credit Card (Reports are $10)
  • E-mail address – (optional: used to e-mail receipt of transaction if desired)

Take the following steps after clicking this link:

  • Click to select our state from the map or select it from the drop down list.
  • Scroll down and click to select ‘Flushing Township Police Department’
  • Enter the date of crash and the report number.