Latex Paint Recycling
Please Contact Emterra Environmental USA with questions or complaints about service, 1-877-609-6753.
Recycling, Trash & CompostYard Waste Collection Schedule
All materials should be set at the curb by 7:00am on the scheduled day of pickup. Containers should not weigh more than fifty (50) pounds each.
UNACCEPTABLE MATERIAL: Tires, concrete, fencing, contractor generated materials, free liquids (paints, pesticides), car parts, appliances containing freon, flourescent bulbs and car batteries.
Yard Waste (Compost) Information
Yard waste collection is weekly from First Monday in April through Last Monday in November. Place yard waste in brown yard waste bags or in plastic 30 gal. containers marked with a "Yard Waste" sticker, which can be picked up at the township office. Branches two (2) inches or less in diameter must be tied in bundles, nothing longer than four (4) which can be tied in bundles, nothing longer than four (4) feet in length. Bundles and containers must weigh less than 50 pounds. No tree stumps or trunks are accepted. Leaf Vacuum curbside program will remain the same as in 2012.
For new residents, recycling bins are available by calling your Township Hall at 810-659-0800.
Newspaper - Place newspapers, phone books, magazines and glossy newspaper inserts in brown paper bags or bundle or tie with string.
Cardboard - Clean corrugated cardboard must be bundled and tied in two (2) foot squares, not exceeding a thickness of one (1) foot.
Plastic - #1 and #7 plastic should be rinsed clean with cap removed. No motor oil, anti-freeze, or cooking oil containers please.
Cans - Clean tin and aluminum cans. These items may be flattened to conserve space in your container.
Christmas Trees - Christmas trees will be picked up with the normal household refuse from December 26th through January 15th. All large trees must be in bundles less than 4 feet long, weigh less than 50 pounds and no tree limbs in excess of 2" in diameter.
- Clear, green and brown only. Clean, remove lids and caps.
Leaf collection dates are determined by the Zone and Dates for your neighborhood.
|Zone 1 (Yellow)
||Zone 2 (Green)
Leaf Collection Schedule not yet available for 2016
Dump passes available at Township office for residents. One monthly permit may be issued. The Brent Run Landfill is located at 8335 W. Vienna Road, Montrose, MI 810-639-3077.
Brent Run Landfill Township Dump Pass Guidelines
- Passes are restricted to customers of Emterra Environmental USA. Passes are not to be distributed to 3rd parties that may be doing work on your home.
- Passes are good for Municipal Sanitary Waste (household trash) and for household demolition projects.
- There is a 1,000 lb. limit per pass and anything over 1,000 lbs. will be charged the gate rate.
- Driver licenses are no longer accspted as proof of residency. Please plan ahead for days that the Township Offices may be closed.
FREE Latex Paint Recycling
FREE Latex Paint Recycling Flyer
Recycling Hotline: 810-762-7744
HELP KEEP THE ENVIRONMENT CLEAN AND SAFE BY RECYCLING YOUR OLD LATEX PAINT IN 3 EASY STEPS:
- Simply drop your cans of used latex paint at the Genesee County Habitat for Humanity Restore during regular business hours.
- Used latex paint will then be processed into new paint by ePaint Recycling, a Michigan·based company.
- Cans of everybody's PAINT are also available for purchase at the Habitat for Humanity Restore.
* Residential Paint Only