Latex Paint Recycling
Please Contact Emterra Environmental USA with questions or complaints about service, 1-877-609-6753.
Recycling, Trash & CompostYard Waste Collection Schedule
Your pick up day is MONDAY.
Please have your Trash & Recycling out by 7:00 a.m. on your service day.
TRASH & RECYCLING PICK UP IS PROVIDED WEEKLY. COMPOST IS PICKED UP WEEKLY ON
MONDAY APRIL-NOVEMBER (see calendar). If a holiday falls on or before your scheduled day, pickup
will be one (1) day later than normal. If a holiday falls on a weekend, your scheduled pick up day will NOT change. OBSERVED HOLIDAYS ARE: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
ALL MATERIALS SHOULD BE SET AT THE CURB BY 7:00 a.m. on the scheduled day of pick up.
Containers should not weigh more than fifty (50) pounds each. For those with special pick up needs, contact your Township Office.
UNACCEPTABLE MATERIALS: Tires, concrete, fencing, any contractor generated materials, free liquids
(paints, pesticides, etc), car parts, appliances containing Freon, fluorescent bulbs (in excess of seven perhousehold), and car batteries.
Yard Waste (Compost) Information
Emterra Environmental USA will provide compost pick up to all residents of Flushing Township. Compost will be picked every week. Please have compost placed curbside by 7am on Day of Service. Service will run April 3, 2017 through November 27, 2017.
Place yard waste in brown yard waste bags or in plastic 30-gallon containers clearly marked "X" facing the street. Branches are to be no more than two (2) inches in diameter, no longer than four (4) feet in length, and must be bundled. Bundles and containers must weigh less than 50 pounds. No tree stumps or trunks are accepted. No compost will be accepted in plastic bags.
Recycling bins are available by calling your Township Hall at 810-659-0800.
For a replacement bin you must bring your damaged bin back to the Township.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO SORT RECYCLABLE ITEMS!
Newspaper - Place newspapers, phone books, magazines & glossy newspaper inserts in brown paper bags or bundle and tie with string.
Cardboard - Clean corrugated cardboard must be bundled and tied in two (2) foot squares, not exceeding a thickness of one (1) foot.
Plastic #1 through #7 - Plastics should be rinsed clean with the cap removed. No motor oil, anti-freeze or cooking oil containers please.
Cans - Clean tin and aluminum cans. These items may be flattened to conserve space in your container.
- Clear, brown and green empty glass. The glass should be rinsed out.
Leaf collection dates are determined by the Zone and Dates for your neighborhood.
|Zone 1 (Yellow)
||Zone 2 (Green)
Leaf Collection Schedule not yet available for 2016
Dump passes available at Township office for residents. One monthly permit may be issued. The Brent Run Landfill is located at 8335 W. Vienna Road, Montrose, MI 810-639-3077.
Brent Run Landfill Township Dump Pass Guidelines
- Passes are restricted to customers of Emterra Environmental USA. Passes are not to be distributed to 3rd parties that may be doing work on your home.
- Passes are good for Municipal Sanitary Waste (household trash) and for household demolition projects.
- There is a 1,000 lb. limit per pass and anything over 1,000 lbs. will be charged the gate rate.
- Driver licenses are no longer accspted as proof of residency. Please plan ahead for days that the Township Offices may be closed.
FREE Latex Paint Recycling
FREE Latex Paint Recycling Flyer
Recycling Hotline: 810-762-7744
HELP KEEP THE ENVIRONMENT CLEAN AND SAFE BY RECYCLING YOUR OLD LATEX PAINT IN 3 EASY STEPS:
- Simply drop your cans of used latex paint at the Genesee County Habitat for Humanity Restore during regular business hours.
- Used latex paint will then be processed into new paint by ePaint Recycling, a Michigan·based company.
- Cans of everybody's PAINT are also available for purchase at the Habitat for Humanity Restore.
* Residential Paint Only