Building Permits and Inspections
Listed below is the procedure for obtaining a Building Permit or to have an Inspection:
1. On the internet go to www.michigan.gov/bcc
2. On the left side of the screen click "forms"
3. In the center of the page, click "Building Division"
4. Copy of Approved Zoning Permit From Flushing Township. The current assessor acts as Zoning Administrator, Dennis Judson. If you should have any zoning questions, please don’t hesitate to call 659-0800.
5. In the center of the page, click "Building Permit Application"
6. Procedure to obtain a Building Permit:
a. Fill out the form entitled "Michigan Department of Licensing and
Regulatory Affairs - Bureau of Construction Codes - Requirements for
Obtaining Building Permits from the Bureau of Construction Codes." It
will take approximately ten (10) days to obtain a building permit if it is
mailed to the State OR you can drive to the State Office at 611 W. Ottawa,
Street, Lansing MI 48933. There will be a charge for parking.
b. Before you send anything to the State or drive to Lansing, you must have
- A complete set of plans for your project.
- The building permit application which you can get off the internet.
- Payment for the State which can be cash or checks. Debit or credit Cards are not acceptable.
- A Zoning Permit through Flushing Township, if needed.
c. Contact State Building Inspector John Tisdale at 517-242-9371 for any questions pertaining to building permits/inspections and to answer any questions which you may have.
If you should have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact the Supervisor.
FLUSHING - STATE INSPECTOR CONTACTS